Types of Cookies
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies.
A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, that is stored on your device. It will not be automatically deleted when the browser is closed but is stored and will remain valid until its expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). These cookies are mainly used for user preferences.
A session cookie is stored temporarily during a browsing session and is deleted from the device when the web browser is closed. This form of cookie is used for website functionality and may also be used to manage credential information and access to website feature.
- your IP address or any other unique identifier assigned to the device that you use to access our site;
- the functionality and characteristics of your device, including type of browser and browser plugins, operating system and hardware, mobile network information, and in some cases location information;
- the URL that referred you to our sites, if any;
- your activities on our sites, such as which web pages you visit, what terms you searched within our site, and which links within our site that you click on; and
- the time of day that you visited our site and how long your visit lasted.
Your Cookie Choices
The majority of browsers will allow you to alter the settings used for cookies and to disable and enable them as you require.
You can reject all cookies in case you prefer not to receive them, and you can have your device notify you whenever cookies are being utilized. You can delete the cookies that are already on your device and you can set your browser to prevent them from being placed. Disabling cookies may prevent some webservices from working correctly. Should you set your device to reject cookies, it may limit the functionality of the site, and can possibly disrupt access to specific features within the site.
To disable cookies, or to receive a notification whenever cookies are being used, you will have to adjust your browser settings. You can also adjust your browser settings to delete specific cookies. Refer to the documentation included with your web browser on how to manage your cookie settings, or follow the links below:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer?redirectslug=Cookies&redirectlocale=en-US
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
To opt-out of Google Analytics, please refer to the following:
List of Cookies Used
Google Analytics. Used for identification, site visit frequency, session information.
Google Analytics. Used to distinguish users.
Used to distinguish user connections for load balancing purposes.